We got though week one!

Wow! It's been great. And what week of learning it has been. I'm still working on getting the chicks to not be so afraid of me when I open the brooder but I guess that will come in time. I've gotten into a routine with them. In the morning I change and fill their food and water. In the afternoon Megan and Emily get to hold their chicks on the floor. In the evening I hold each chick for awhile, clean their table, change the food and water out again then I take a picture of each chick to track it's growth for this blog. I'll get a sideshow up here once I figure out how. This isn't just my first time raising chicks it's also my first time making a blog too. My computer skills are drastically lacking.
The chicks are growing like weeds. All of them have "real" feathers on their wings and Honey and Darby have the beginnings of tail feathers. They are starting to eat more too. I may have to upgrade to a larger food jar by the end of this next week. They are learning to scratch in their bedding to find food that has been miss placed. Darby will even scratch out a hole in the bedding all the way down to the cage floor! We put two toys in the brooder but so far they have ignored them. They aren't as freaked out anymore when Mugsy comes sniffing at the cage. I will try to get pictures of them with their wings spread out and maybe some flying practice video. That is if my computer doesn't try crashing on my again. It doesn't like my new digital camera.
Well, hope that you all keep coming back to watch our chicks grow some more in week two.

No comments: