The Chickies are Here!






After months of research, weeks of waiting for them to get here and one night of restless sleep the chicks are finally here. My Pet Chicken called me on Monday to tell me that the chicks had been shipped but there was a problem with the order. Turns out that they didn't get enough white silkie chicks to go around so they sent a blue silkie instead. I had to tell my six year old Megan, that her chick was going to be different. She teared up a bit but after seeing some pictures of blue silkies she decided that blue was cute.



Tuesday's delivery time came and went and no chicks. Megan cried all the way home from school and then asked to go and check at the Post Office just in case. But still no chicks. Megan didn't sleep well last night which means neither did I. She was worried about the chicks.



At 7:35 this morning the Post office called. Megan and I went straight there. We walked into the back of the Post Office and into the sorting room. (we live in a small town so it has a small P.O.)There on the desk was the box. We popped it open and counted 1,2,3,4,5 chicks all alive and peeping! We rushed them home to put them into the heated brooder. Each chick got her beck dipped into the the water dish first thing to make sure they knew were it was. Within five minutes all were eating and drinking great. I'm trying to get a short video posted but I'm not sure how. I'll post more in a little bit.

No comments: