Week Seven

I just don't know were the time goes. The chicks are into their seventh week now. Honey and Darby look like small grown up chickens. Honey, as you can see in the pictures below, is starting to get the red in her face and comb. I'm going to miss the simple chick face. Darby's head feathers are awesome. I have to resist putting hot pink coloring in them. It would so go with her rebellious nature. I've nickname Crystal, Hummingbird. When she perches on my hand her little wings are going so fast that she reminds me of one.
OK I gave them a bowl with sand and sifted soil and sat there waiting to see what they would do. I had planed to video it to show. But it wasn't everything neat. In fact they did nothing with it. After a bit they did start to eat it and poop in it. So I'll try again another time. On Friday I'm going to take the chicks to Megan's class for show and tell. I'm sure I'll have a story to tell for next week.

No comments: